As a cute gift for anyone at any age, this little personal s’more kit is incredibly creative (just as long as there is supervision with anything fire!). Thanks to Instructables and jwilson27, this creative idea can be at your next child’s sleepover or as a fun end to a casual dinner party. How great is this?!
*This would look great with the addition of these cute s’mores gift packs from TinyPrints Blog:
Personal S’mores Kit
- Cedar Plank
- Bolts – 1/4 inch and 2 and 1/2 inches tall
- Nuts – 1/4 inch
- Optional washers for the bolts
- 2.5oz Stainless Steel Condiment Cup (Four for 1$ at Wal-Mart)
- Box of cheap toothpicks
- Box of matches
- Bag of large marshmallows
- Chocolate Bar
- Box of graham crackers
- Bamboo skewers, normally used for shish kabobs
- 2 and 1/2 inch drill bit
- 1/4 inch drill bit
- Drill the large hole (2 and 1/2 inch bit) in the center of the cedar and about 1/2 inch away from the outside edge.
- HANDY TIP: Put a scrap board underneath when cutting to prevent the wood from splintering.
- Once that hole is drilled, measure about 1/2 inch away from the other side of the whole and cut.
- When that piece is done, drill four holes in the corners with a 1/4 inch drill bit.
- Insert a bolt into each hole and tighten it there with a nut.
- When that is done, drop the cup in the hole.
- Use a small group of cheap toothpicks (about 20). Brake them in half so they would rest in the bottom of the cup. You do not need the flame too high
- Get your marshmallow prepared by placing it on the end of a bamboo skewer. Place a piece of cholocate on top of a graham cracker. Have the other graham cracker piece ready to be placed on top.
- Light the toothpicks with a match. About 20 toothpicks in the cup can toast 2 marshmallows… maybe three.
- NOTE: Don’t blow on your marshmallow when it’s by the mini grill. My son did and it blew the lit toothpicks out of the cup! YIKES!
Once the marshmallow is toasted, place it on top of the chocolate and then put the other half of the graham cracker on top of that. Wait for the chocolate to get nice and melty and then enjoy your S’mores!
When you are done with the mini grill, pick it up by the edge of the cedar and run water into the cup to put out the fire.
Please use caution when dealing with fire and hot surfaces!!!